Frequently Asked Questions
More about Wiring 3way Switches
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring
- How to Connect Wires for 3-Way Light Switches – Both of the switches should be 3-way switches with the appropriate wiring installed between them, such as a 3-wire cable.
- Wiring Diagrams For Three Way Switches
- Wiring Three Way Switches – When adding additional lighting to an existing three way switch configuration, the only place the additional lights may be wired to are at the existing light fixture or to the switch box where the existing light fixture is wired to.
- How to wire three way switches with wiring connections and wiring diagrams.
- How to Wire Three Way Switches: Common Problems When Wiring 3Way Switches, Wiring Connections for 3Way Switches.
Installing a 3 way dimmer switch box with green, 2 reds and black.
Wiring 3 Way Switches and Dimmer Switches
How are 3-way switches wired? The Key to Wiring 3 Way Switch and 3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring, Key Wiring Configurations for 3 way Switch Wiring.
How to Install 3-Way RF and Smart Devices for Switching
How are Master and Slave switches wired to Control Light Fixtures? Wiring RF Smart Switches and 3-Way Switches, Installing Three Way Switches and Smart Switches for Light Fixtures.
Question – Dimmer Switches – Part 1
When lights that are on dimmer switches don’t work, make sure you understand the difference between Master and Slave dimmer switches.
I Replaced my 3way Switches Now My Lights Dont Work
I replaced my old 3-way switches with new ones and now the 2 hallway lights only work when one of the switches is on/active (this is not the switch in which the hot wire is located).
See more at the Electrical Questions Category Listing.