Identifying Problems With an Electrical Circuit
How to Deal with Potential Electrical Problems: I have a whole circuit that goes out and then comes back on after about three hours© By: Dave Rongey
Potential Problems Require Qualified Electricians
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I have a whole circuit that goes out and then comes back on after about three hours.
- It has three lights two bathroom exhaust fans a ceiling fan and two wall plugs their is two three way switches and four single pole switches.
- It does not through the breaker it just goes off and then comes back on after a while as if it is getting hot but the fan is usually the only thing on.
This electrical wiring question came from: Gary, a Handyman from Sachse,Texas.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Gary.
Home Electrical Problems
Skill Level: Advanced – a Licensed Electrical Contractor should be consulted.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Ammeter and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on age of the home, the condition of the electrical system and available access to electrical components.
Precaution: Electrical troubleshooting of this level is best performed by a qualified electrical contractor.
Causes of Home Electrical Problems
- This could be a dangerous condition which should be inspected by a qualified electrician.
- An experienced electrician will carefully inspect the electrical panel and circuit breaker, wire connections at junction boxes and devices that may be connected to this circuit to find out what the problem is.
- Having this looked at right away may prevent the problem from getting worse.
The Following will assist you with your Electrical Problems
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Electrical Panel Circuit Listing
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
More articles about electrical circuit, Electrical Troubleshooting and Home Electrical Wiring: