How to Install and Repair Electrical Wiring
Home Electrical Wiring from The ElectricianA Licensed Electrical Contractor
Residential Electrical Wiring
and Repairs Made Simple!
Free Electrical Help
Easy to Understand Electrical
Step by Step Instructions
On-The-Job Electrical Pictures
On-The-Job Electrical Videos
Home Electrical Codes
Home Electrical Questions and Answers
Helping You Wire it Right
Experienced Licensed Electrical Contractor with over 38 Years in the Electrical Trade.
Content © By Dave Rongey
Residential Electrical Wiring Projects
- The Process of Wiring a Home
- Methods to rewire home circuits.
- Photos including an actual set of house plans used to wire a new home.
- How to upgrade home wiring for older homes and make them safer.
- A single switch turns on a light fixture from one wall switch.
- All switches are not wired the same way. There are a few different ways to wire a light Switch.
- Wiring Diagrams for Switches will show you how to wire a light switch.
- Two three way switches will turn on one or more light fixtures from two locations, such as a hall way or stairway.
- Each pair of three way switches are wired differently, and there are different types of three way switches. The methods of wiring three way switches can be challenging.
- The Wiring Diagrams for Three Way Switches will show you how to wire a pair of 3way switches.
- One or more 4Way switches are used with two 3Way Switches to turn on one or more light fixtures from more that two locations.
- The method of wiring 4way switches with two 3way switches only requires a small modification to the switch circuit wiring.
- Wiring Diagrams for 4Way Switches will show the most common methods.
- How to wire a dimmer switch.
- Help with wiring for dimmer switches.
- Take the mystery out of wiring a Single or 3-way dimmer switch.
- Learn about the features and benefits provided by GFI Outlets,
- Fully explained GFCI Receptacles and how they are wired.
- Single and Multiple Outlets protected by one GFCI receptacle.
- Wiring diagrams help you understand how electrical devices are wired in your home.
- See how light switches and receptacle wall outlets are wired.
- Electrical Troubleshooting and Electrical Repair for Home Electric Wiring
- Repair Electrical Circuit Problems
- Repair Lights and Fixtures
- Repair Outlets
- Upgrade Home Wiring
- Repair Light Switches
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Repairing Electric Wiring
- Overview of Splicing Wires
- Splicing Wires in a Light Fixture Box
- Splicing Wires in a Outlet Box
- How to Repair Buried Wire
- How to Splice a Buried Wire
- How to Protect a Buried Wire Splice
- Installing a Ceiling Fan.
- Where to connect the blue wire for a ceiling fan.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring connections.
- Installing an outdoor ceiling fan.
- Install a wireless remote control.
- Options for ceiling fan remote controls.
- Wiring ceiling fan remote control modules.
- Installing and Wiring Light Fixtures with Step-by-Step Photos.
- Installing Recessed Lighting.
- Installing Under Cabinet Lighting.
- How to Wire an Exhaust Fan.
- Options for lighted bathroom exhaust fans.
- Wiring switches for bathroom exhaust fans and lights.
- Installing a Baseboard Heater Circuit: Wiring a baseboard heater thermostat and electric panel circuit then wiring connections for the installed baseboard wall heater. Instructions for converting baseboard heating radiant heating.
- How To Wire a Thermostat
- Thermostat Wiring for Furnace Heating and Air Conditioning. Although many home heating and air conditioning systems have a standard type thermostat cable with color coded wires, the wires should be identified to make sure of the exact purpose for each wire.
- How to Install and Wire Smoke Detectors - Installation Guide with Photos that clearly explain how Interconnected Smoke Detectors are wired so they function properly.
- Smoke Detector Tips
- Installing Smoke Detectors
- Smoke Detector Wiring.
- Adding Smoke Detectors
- How to Fix Smoke Detector Problems
- Telephone Wiring Diagram.
- Phone jack wiring with photos and instructions.
- Steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.
- Installing Solar Exhaust Fans.
- Attic exhaust fans are a green energy efficient solution.
- Proper attic venting reduces the load on your air conditioning system.
- Wiring a Home with Structured Insulated Panels.
- Discover SIP Homes which are energy efficient homes.
- See how different a SIP Home will be when installing electrical wiring.
- The process to size, select, and connect a home generator.
- Transfer switches for a safe home generator connection.
- Online Interactive Generator Sizing.
- Accurately estimate the size of a generator based on electrical devices to be used.
- Portable Generators
- Generators Safety
- The Electrical Load Calculator is a fully functional online and Interactive tool that will assist you with accurate panel load calculations.
- The Residential Electrical Load Calculator is Pre-Loaded with electrical information for you to chose for typical electrical loads in the home.
- General Electrical Load Requirements, Appliances and Motor Loads, Heating and Air Conditioning equipment.
- 120volt 1 Pole 15amp 20amp, 240volt 2 Pole 30amp 50amp Circuit Breakers.
- How circuit breakers work to protect your electrical wiring.
- Properly installed circuit breakers protect home electrical wiring.
- Electrical wiring for a dryer-power-cord.
- Older 240 Volt electric power cord with 3-wire configurations.
- New 240 Volt electric power cord with 4-wire configurations.
- How to Wire a 240volt Range Cord.
- Electric Range Installation with a typical 240 Volt electric power cord wiring system for 3-wire and 4-wire configurations.
- How to Wire a 240volt Wall Oven.
- Kitchen Electric Wall Oven Installation with a typical 240 Volt electric circuit with 3-wire and 4-wire configurations.
- Junction boxes, Nail On Boxes, Cut In Boxes, 1gang box, 2gang box.
- How to select Electrical Wiring Boxes.
- Selecting the right size electrical junction box.
- Junction boxes for outlets, light fixture and electrical splices.
- THHN Copper Wire, Romex Type NM Wire, Wire Connectors.
- Understanding the different electrical wire.
- Selecting the right size and type of electrical wire.
- Electrical wire for outlets, light fixture and large electrical appliances.
- See the parts used to rewire home circuits.
- Power Conditioning and Surge Protection.
- Electric Surge Protection - Installing surge devices to help protect your home electronic devices.
- Home Power Conditioning- Electric power quality issues can create a number of problems. Learn how to prevent power quality occurrences from happening in your home.
- Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools
- Electrical Power Tools and Cordless Power Tools.
- Tools for Home Electrical Wiring, Electrical Conduit Benders.
- Do It Yourself Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Problems
- Home Repairs and Electrical Troubleshooting.
- Methods used to solve most home electrical system failures.
- How to Fix Electrical Wiring Problems.
- Voltage Testers for Electrical Repairs.
- Quality voltage testers that play an important part in electrical safety.
- Testers to identify electrical circuits and help prevent electrical shock.
- Electrical Diagram Symbols for Home Electrical Wiring.
- Symbols for Electrical Outlets, Outlet Symbols used in Electrical Construction
- Basic Electrical Codes for Home Electric Wiring
- AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical code outlets.
- GFCI circuits, outlets and electrical-grounding.
- Electrical Codes for electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical wiring,
electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, and smoke-detectors.
- Home Electrical Wiring Projects.
- Electrical Repairs.
- Electric Codes and Electrical Wiring Methods.
- Homeowner Do-It-Yourself Electrical Projects.
Web Site Terms and Conditions