» Home » Electrical Wiring Projects
Bathroom Remodeling and Electrical Wiring
How are lights and outlets wired when Remodeling a Bathroom? Installing Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom Remodel Project.
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
[ad#block]Electrical Question: How are lights and outlets wired when remodeling a bathroom?
I am remodeling a bathroom and replacing the electrical wiring.
- I have light and switch in the bath room, but the light is tied to the hall and another bed room.
- I want to hook up two lights by the sink and one light on the ceiling, plus three outlets.
- The switches in the bath room are three, two of them will operate the wall lights and the ceiling lights and the third switch will operate one outlet.
- How do I hook up a sink light and ceiling light plus add more outlets in my bathroom?
- Can I do this with one source? Do I need to add a Junction Box?
This electrical question came from: Chas, who is a Homeowner.
Additional Comments: This is a great website for information.
Thanks for your electrical question Chas.
How to Install Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom Remodel Project
Application: Installing bathroom electrical wiring.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best performed by a licensed electrical contractor.
Tools Required: Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools for Rough-In Wiring, Electric Drill and Auger Bits and Extension Cord.
Estimated Time: Depends on the extent of the bathroom remodel project, the type of construction and available access to the project area.
Precaution: Any existing wiring in the immediate area that may interfere with the installation of new construction materials should be identified, turned OFF and Tagged.
Notice: Modifying existing wiring or installing additional bathroom electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
Upgrading or Replacing Electrical Wiring in a Bathroom
- Identify the Existing Circuits
Chas, the existing circuits will need to be identified and tested to see if there is enough capacity for the electrical fixtures and devices that will be added, and how much load is already existing from the existing devices in the areas that you have identified.
- Installing Junction Boxes for Extending the Wiring
Adding junction boxes will depend on how and where the existing electrical wiring is compared to any changes that may be made with the bathroom framing or design, and the desired location for the switches and light fixtures.
- Installing Light Switches and Fixtures
Added junction boxes must be located so they will be accessible, however it is common to install device boxes such as switch boxes, fixture boxes and outlet boxes that are large enough to provide the junction of electrical wiring inn the room as needed.
More about Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Bathroom Electric Wiring Requirements
- Wiring diagrams and pictures that explain the basic bathroom electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects. Give your bathroom a face lift when you enhance the electrical devices that will bring out the best in you. Make your eyes sparkle with get a breath of fresh air when you install one of these smart upgrades.
GFCI Outlet Wiring
This list of articles will help you learn about the features and benefits provided by GFI and GFCI Receptacles and how they are wired.
Electrical Junction Boxes
Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
Basic Home Wiring Diagrams with Pictures
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Bathroom Electrical, Electric Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Dedicated Circuit for Bathroom Outlets||Home Generator Transfer Switch Options|