Dedicated Circuit for Bathroom Outlets
Can the Bathroom GFCI Circuit be Used for Other Electric Outlets? Bathroom GFCI Outlets on a Dedicated Circuit.
Bathroom GFCI Circuit Wiring
Electrical Question: Can the Bathroom GFCI Circuit be Used for Other Outlets?
In our bathroom I have a dedicated power source receptacle plug that is wired directly back to my service box located in my garage.
- This plug is the proper receptacle used in bathroom and kitchens.
- From this plug it is wire directly to bathroom B to the same type of plug.
- These plugs are actually back to back.
- MY QUESTION:
- Is it within code to use one of these plugs to power a TV located in my bedroom which is adjacent to bathroom B, or is it necessary to find a different power source?
- MY QUESTION:
This electrical wiring question came from: Paul, a Homeowner from Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Paul.
Bathroom GFCI Outlets on a Dedicated Circuit
Application: Bathroom GFCI Outlet Circuit Wiring.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best if wired by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the number of GFI outlets that will be added.
Precaution: Identify the bathroom GFCI outlet circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Installing additional GFCI Outlet Wiring or Bedroom AFCI wiring should be done according to local and national electrical GFCI Codes and AFCI Codes, with a permit and be inspected.
Bathroom GFCI Outlet Circuit
- The bathroom GFI receptacles circuit should be dedicated for the bathrooms alone.
- It would be best to extend the bedroom outlet circuit to the location of the TV or to install a new circuit to the TV location.
- I understand your reasoning however the bathroom circuit can get pretty loaded at times and the GFCI circuit protection is essential for the bathrooms.
- The other reason to extend the power from the bedroom is due to the requirement that the bedroom outlets be protected by AFCI.
- Even if your bedroom outlets are presently not on AFCI, if the circuit becomes converted at his time or in the future you will be compliant with the AFCI code requirement.
More about Bedroom and Bathroom Electrical Wiring
How to Install a Bathroom GFCI Outlet Circuit: Wiring diagrams and pictures explain the basic fundamentals of bathroom electrical wiring requirements for most new or remodel projects.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects and bathroom wiring, with electrical code information.
- Bedroom Electrical Wiring Requirements
- Wiring diagrams and pictures explain the basic bedroom electrical wiring, and Electrical Code requirements for most new or remodel home projects.
- Bathroom Electrical Wiring Requirements
- Wiring diagrams and pictures explain basic bathroom electrical wiring, and electrical code requirements for most new or remodel projects. Give your bathroom a face lift when you enhance the electrical devices that will bring out the best in you. Make your eyes sparkle with get a breath of fresh air when you install one of these smart exhaust fan upgrades.
- Electrical Code Articles
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-wiring, and lighting-codes.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« Wiring Switches for a Bathroom Fan Unit||Bathroom Remodeling and Electrical Wiring »|