Wiring Connections for a Heated Exhaust Fan
How to Check an Exhaust Fan Heater that Stopped Working: The circuit wiring for many heater exhaust fan units have temperature sensors installed and may be part of the blower circuit wiring which ensures that air movement is occurring to prevent a high temperature occurrence.
Exhaust Fan Wiring
Electrical Question: I have a bathroom ceiling heater, light, nite light, exhaust vent, in one. Nutone Exhaust Fan – Model No. 9965.
- The heater would only blow cold air so I bought an new heating element.
- I hooked the element up one wire at a time to make sure it was right.
- The blower and element won’t come on, but if I unhook the element from the blower and just hook the blower up, it works.
This electrical repair question came from: Jessie, a Homeowner from Excel, Alabama.
Exhaust Fan Heater Wiring
Application: Bathroom Exhaust Fan with Heater.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced, best installed by a licensed electrical contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the access to the wiring for the wall switch for the exhaust fan and if a larger switch box will be required.
Precaution: The combo bathroom exhaust fan circuit should be identified, turned OFF and Tagged with a Note before working with the wiring and installing the fan speed switch.
Notice: Modifying existing wiring or installing additional bathroom electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
How to Check an Exhaust Fan Heater that Stopped Working
- The circuit wiring for many heater exhaust fan units have temperature sensors installed and may be part of the blower circuit wiring which ensures that air movement is occurring to prevent a high temperature occurrence.
- Pay close attention to the wiring diagram inside the housing or in the installation manual.
- If the heating element still does not work then check your connections.
- It may be possible that a temperature sensor has failed and needs to be replaced.
- Also make sure the exhaust fan housing and internal parts are clean and not coated with dust and lint.
More about Wiring Bathroom Exhaust Fans
- Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Understanding Electrical Testers
- When working on home electrical wiring using voltage testers can play an important part in electrical safety.
- Electrical testers enable you to identify electrical circuits and help prevent the possibility of accidental electrical shock.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Repair, Electrical Wiring, Heated Exhaust Fan and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How To Wire Switches for a Chandelier Light Fixture||Bathroom GFI Outlet Wiring|