Wiring a Ceiling Fan Remote Module
How to Install and Wire a Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan. Describing a typical remote control module and the wiring connections. I’m installing a remote control module with a ceiling fan.
Wiring Diagrams for Ceiling Fan Remote Modules
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I’m installing a remote control module with a ceiling fan.
- The remote box has black and white wire to connect to black and white to ceiling wires (of course green from fan to bare copper ground wire.
- The other side of remote box has black, white and blue (marked for light).
- The ceiling fan has black, white and black with white striped wires.
- How do I wire the remote box to the fan?
This electrical wiring question came from: Otis, a Homeowner from Palm Bay, Florida.
Thanks for your electrical question Otis.
How to Install and Wire a Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan
Great question Otis. What you are describing is a typical remote control module, so lets review the wiring connections:
- The first set of wires is for the primary power which is the black and the white wires from the home circuit.
- The other side of the remote box are the wires that are connected with the black for the ceiling fan motor, blue for the light and the white neutral.
- The ground wires are all connected together.
- For additional help just follow the links below for the wiring diagrams and instructions.
More about Wiring a Remote Control Module for a Ceiling Fan
Steps for installing a remote control module with a ceiling fan
The Ceiling Fan section of the website is full of wiring diagrams and step by step photos that will help you with your remote control ceiling fan installation and electrical wiring connections.
- How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Ceiling Fans, Remote Control and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Install Wiring for a Ceiling Light Fixture||Before Installing a Window Air Conditioner Unit|