Before Installing a Window Air Conditioner Unit
Easy Solutions that may Help Improve Your Air Conditioning and Heating System. Can I run a window air conditioning unit in that bedroom, while I have the house central air conditioning unit running.
Improving the Cooling for any Room in the Home
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I live in a split level brick house. I have a outdoors central air conditioning unit. One of my bedrooms does not get cool. Can I run a window air conditioning unit in that bedroom, while I have the house central air conditioning unit running.
This electrical question came from: Archie, a Homeowner from Baltimore, Maryland.
Thanks for your electrical question Archie.
Improve Your Air Conditioning and Heating System
Installing a Window Air Conditioner Unit
- The installation of a window air conditioner unit in a room will definitely help out if the central air conditioner system is not providing the level of cooling that you desire.
- The size of the window air conditioner unit that you purchase may require the installation of a dedicated circuit depending on the amperage of the receptacle circuit that is in the bedroom.
- It should be noted that the main home air conditioner system thermostat may not be located where it will be affected by the performance of the window air conditioner unit.
The Importance of Air Conditioning System Air Balancing
- It may be wise to check the main home ventilation system vents and registers to make sure that they are open and that the system has been air-balanced to allow for optimal cooling.
- Central air conditioning system air flow balancing is a key component to the best performance of any heating or air conditioning system.
- Air balancing and flow testing may improve the system and identify any problem areas of the ventilation system that may exist.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Air Conditioner and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Wiring a Ceiling Fan Remote Module||How to Replace a 4Way Light Switch|