Before Installing a Window Air Conditioner Unit
Easy Solutions that may Help Improve Your Air Conditioning and Heating System. Can I run a window air conditioning unit in that bedroom, while I have the house central air conditioning unit running.
Improving the Cooling for any Room in the Home
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I live in a split level brick house. I have a outdoors central air conditioning unit. One of my bedrooms does not get cool. Can I run a window air conditioning unit in that bedroom, while I have the house central air conditioning unit running.
This electrical question came from: Archie, a Homeowner from Baltimore, Maryland.
Thanks for your electrical question Archie.
Improve Your Air Conditioning and Heating System
Installing a Window Air Conditioner Unit
- The installation of a window air conditioner unit in a room will definitely help out if the central air conditioner system is not providing the level of cooling that you desire.
- The size of the window air conditioner unit that you purchase may require the installation of a dedicated circuit depending on the amperage of the receptacle circuit that is in the bedroom.
- It should be noted that the main home air conditioner system thermostat may not be located where it will be affected by the performance of the window air conditioner unit.
The Importance of Air Conditioning System Air Balancing
- It may be wise to check the main home ventilation system vents and registers to make sure that they are open and that the system has been air-balanced to allow for optimal cooling.
- Central air conditioning system air flow balancing is a key component to the best performance of any heating or air conditioning system.
- Air balancing and flow testing may improve the system and identify any problem areas of the ventilation system that may exist.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Air Conditioner and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Wiring a Ceiling Fan Remote Module||How to Replace a 4Way Light Switch|