|« Causes of Wall Outlets to Lose Power||Why a Lamp Holder or Socket May Not Be Working »|
Why Dusk to Dawn Fixtures Go On and Off
What would cause a dusk to dawn light fixture to turn on and off? How to Test Outside Motion Light Fixtures for the sensitivity of the motion detector.
Cause of On and Off Dusk to Dawn Light Fixture
Electrical Question: What would cause a dusk to dawn light fixture to turn on and off?
- I have a dusk to dawn light fixture that turns on and off quite a lot.
- I replace an old outside light fixture with a new Area dusk to dawn fixture.
- I had observe that the new light fixture goes on and off.
- It come on about 5 min, then back on with 5 min., what could be the problem?
Bob from LA.
This electrical repair question came from: Bob, a Homeowner from Los Angeles, California.
Thanks for your electrical question Bob.
How to Test Outside Motion Light Fixtures
Adjusting a Motion Detector Light Fixture
- Adjusting the Settings While in the TEST Mode
- When your done with test make sure that the Switch Setting is not set to TEST.
- The Test Switch setting enables the fixture to override the photocell and allows you to test the positioning and sensitivity settings of the motion detector.
- If the switch is left in the TEST position you will have the light activity that you are describing.
Lear More about Outside Motion Light Fixtures
- Installing Motion Detector and Security Light Fixtures
- Installing motion detector lighting fixtures provide security and energy savings and they can easily replace an existing exterior wall fixture.
- For more information about Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
|« How to Ground Outlets and Receptacles||Connection for the Blue Ceiling Fan Wire »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Dusk to Dawn Fixtures
Or Ask Dave a Question
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.