» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Why Bathroom Light Fixtures May Not Work
How to Get Your Bathroom Lights Working – Start with the obvious, the light bulbs, then the light switch should be checked for power coming in and leaving up to the light fixtures, next this calls for some troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting a Bathroom Light Fixture
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I have 2 bathrooms with no lights working. Each has 8 bulb light fixtures with no power on the strip for the lights. The exhaust fans work fine and the electrical outlets work fine. No circuit breakers are tripped off. All the other lights and fixtures in house and garage are working fine. Just no bathroom lights. The lights worked this morning but I returned from work and they are out.
This electrical repair question came from: Tommy, a Homeowner from Las Vegas, Nevada.
How to Get Your Bathroom Lights Working
Application: Testing Bathroom Light Switches.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with hand tools and electrical troubleshooting skills.
Precaution: Identify the lighting circuit, turn it OFF and then Tag it with a Note before performing any wiring or switch testing.
Why Bathroom Lights May Not Work
- To Repair Bathroom Lighting that is not working I would start with the obvious:
- Make sure all the light bulbs are screwed in all the way,
- Next the light switch should be checked for power coming in and leaving up to the light fixtures.
- This calls for troubleshooting using the process of elimination, which you will find using the links below.
More about Repairing a Bathroom Light Fixture
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
- Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Bathroom Light, Electrical Troubleshooting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Wiring for a Range Hood Exhaust Fan||Installing Tamper Resistant Receptacle Outlets|