What to do When a Fuse or Breaker Trips Off
How to Identify Electrical Wiring Problems: The Most Common Problems with an Electric Circuits and How to Fix Them.
Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
Electrical Question: My electric oven blows the fusing seemingly when I try to shut it off after use.
- While I’m baking, it will blow the fuse when it reaches the set temperature and then shuts off in order to maintain that temperature.
- If I turn it off after I’m done with it, it again will blow the fuse?
- Really just looking for a diagnosis and possible suggestions from there, my friend’s an electrician.
This electrical question came from: Yitzchak, a Homeowner from Bet Shemesh in Israel.
Additional Comments: looks great! keep it up, really valuable to people all over!
Thanks for your electric wiring question Yitzchak from Israel.
How to Identify Electrical Wiring Problems
Application: Oven Electric Circuit Wiring.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced, best performed by a Licensed Local Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester or Continuity Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on experience and level of problem solving skills.
Precaution: Testing live wires is dangerous and should be performed by an experienced electrical technician only. Testing using a continuity meter should only be made after the affected circuit has been identified and turned OFF and Tagged.
Common Problems with an Electric Wiring and How to Fix Them
- Brittle or Cracked Wiring
- Over time, electrical heating appliance wiring may become brittle and the connections can deteriorate due to the expansion and contraction that occurs with the heating and cooling cycles of the electrical components.
- Burnt wiring should be replaced with the same type and gauge wire as original.
- Temperature Controls
- The temperature controls, components and the electrical wiring should be inspected for damage.
- Burnt wire connections to a temperature controller may be replaced with the same style wire connector.
- Faulty temperature control may be obtained through a appliance parts supplier and replaced.
- Heating Elements
- The heating elements may have burnt connections and damaged wiring.
- Burnt wire connections may be replaced with the same style wire connector.
- Faulty heating elements may be obtained through a appliance parts supplier and replaced.
- Faulty Circuit Breaker
- Circuit breakers can go bad over time, or the connections of the circuit breaker with the panel bus. Internal electric panel inspections and repairs require professional expertise.
- Electrical Repairs
- Damaged electrical components, wiring and connections will require appropriate electrical repairs or replacement.
- Using a Tester to Troubleshoot Electrical Problems
- Testers Help Troubleshoot Electrical Problems
- Home Electrical Troubleshooting and Repairs
Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring Problems
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
- Types of Electrical Testers
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« How to Wire an Over the Range Microwave||How to Wire a Ceiling Fan with a Wall Outlet »|