What to do When a Fuse or Breaker Trips Off
How to Identify Electrical Wiring Problems: The Most Common Problems with an Electric Circuits and How to Fix Them.
Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
Electrical Question: My electric oven blows the fusing seemingly when I try to shut it off after use.
- While I’m baking, it will blow the fuse when it reaches the set temperature and then shuts off in order to maintain that temperature.
- If I turn it off after I’m done with it, it again will blow the fuse?
- Really just looking for a diagnosis and possible suggestions from there, my friend’s an electrician.
This electrical question came from: Yitzchak, a Homeowner from Bet Shemesh in Israel.
Additional Comments: looks great! keep it up, really valuable to people all over!
Thanks for your electric wiring question Yitzchak from Israel.
How to Identify Electrical Wiring Problems
Application: Oven Electric Circuit Wiring.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced, best performed by a Licensed Local Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester or Continuity Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on experience and level of problem solving skills.
Precaution: Testing live wires is dangerous and should be performed by an experienced electrical technician only. Testing using a continuity meter should only be made after the affected circuit has been identified and turned OFF and Tagged.
Common Problems with an Electric Wiring and How to Fix Them
- Brittle or Cracked Wiring
- Over time, electrical heating appliance wiring may become brittle and the connections can deteriorate due to the expansion and contraction that occurs with the heating and cooling cycles of the electrical components.
- Burnt wiring should be replaced with the same type and gauge wire as original.
- Temperature Controls
- The temperature controls, components and the electrical wiring should be inspected for damage.
- Burnt wire connections to a temperature controller may be replaced with the same style wire connector.
- Faulty temperature control may be obtained through a appliance parts supplier and replaced.
- Heating Elements
- The heating elements may have burnt connections and damaged wiring.
- Burnt wire connections may be replaced with the same style wire connector.
- Faulty heating elements may be obtained through a appliance parts supplier and replaced.
- Faulty Circuit Breaker
- Circuit breakers can go bad over time, or the connections of the circuit breaker with the panel bus. Internal electric panel inspections and repairs require professional expertise.
- Electrical Repairs
- Damaged electrical components, wiring and connections will require appropriate electrical repairs or replacement.
- Using a Tester to Troubleshoot Electrical Problems
- Testers Help Troubleshoot Electrical Problems
- Home Electrical Troubleshooting and Repairs
Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring Problems
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
- Types of Electrical Testers
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electric, Electrical, Fuses and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Wire an Over the Range Microwave||How to Wire a Ceiling Fan with a Wall Outlet|