Signs Of Electrical Troubles You Should Watch For
What To Do When These Home Electrical Conditions Occur – Abnormal conditions with home electrical wiring are an indication of possible problems that could lead to a hazardous situation for the home and it’s occupants.
Plug Does Not Work and Electrical Wires Are Hot
[ad#block] Electrical Question: I have an electrical wall plug that will not work.
- I changed the receptacle. but it still doesn’t work.
- The wires are hot, what’s wrong?
This electrical wiring question came from: Debbi, a Handywoman.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Debbi.
What To Do When These Home Electrical Conditions Occur
Abnormal conditions with home electrical wiring are an indication of possible problems that could lead to a hazardous situation for the home and it’s occupants.
An Electrical Hazard When a Plug Does Not Work and the Electrical Wires Are Hot
- Hi Debbi, I really wish you would have given me a little more to go by, such as what is the plug or receptacle being used for and what wires are you referring to that are getting hot?
- IMPORTANT: what you are describing are signs of Electrical Troubles and I would advise that you Turn The Circuit OFF and contact a qualified electrician as soon as possible to have the problem identified and resolved to prevent any further possible problems.
The Following will assist you with your electrical outlet wiring:
- Wiring Electrical Outlets
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Home Electrical Safety
- A new approach to keep kids and electricity apart with hopes to prevent children from being injured by electricity.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
This link is helpful as a Handy Woman
Do-It-Yourself Electrical for the Handy Woman
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical Repair, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Installing Tamper Resistant Receptacle Outlets||Occupancy Sensors 3-Way and 4-Way Switches|