Problem With Dimplex Electric Heater Unit
Why a Remote Heater Control Unit May Prevent Your Dimplex Heater From Working
Heater with a Remote Control Unit that Stops Working
Question: I have a Dimplex heating unit in my home office. It has a remote device for on and off operation.
- The remote works for a short period of time and then stops operation.
- The company has replaced the unit 4 times and the problem persists.
- I note that the cord from the outlet is extremely hot.
- The customer service at Dimplex states that the remote is heat sensitive, which is probably the causing the remote to malfunction.
Question: why is this happening from a standard outlet and is there a way of correcting the problem?
This electrical question came from: Walker, a Homeowner from Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for your electrical question Walker.
Why a Remote Heater Control Unit May Prevent Your Heater Fromm Working
- I can see that you are not the only one having a problem with these electric heating units.
- I can only speculate that there may be a design problem because some of the Dimplex remote controls have been discontinued.
- I would be concerned if the cord gets extremely hot as you have mentioned.
- This would indicate that the wire size is too small for the amount of current that is being used.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles
which are common place in every home.
See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
How to Install Home Office Electrical Wiring
Home Office Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Home Office Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
|« The Watt Size Limitations of Light Fixtures||Phone Jack Wiring and 4 Wire Connections »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.