Kitchen Stove Not Working After Kitchen Installation
How to Repair Kitchen Stove Wiring. What to do With a Possible Damaged Electrical Cable for a Kitchen Stove, testing the circuit and accessing the wiring to perform the repairs
Possible Damaged Electrical Cable for Kitchen Stove
Electrical Question: I recently had counter top and cabinets assembled in my kitchen.
- After installation my stove and my oven stopped working. What happened?
- No wires were disconnected or turned off by the breaker box.
- We have current but at the coils are not heating up.
This electrical wiring question came from: Gail , a Homeowner from Baltimore,Maryland
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Gail.
How to Repair Kitchen Stove Wiring
Skill Level: Advanced – a Licensed Electrical Contractor should be consulted.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Ammeter and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on age of the home, the condition of the electrical system and available access to electrical components.
Precaution: Electrical troubleshooting of this level is best performed by a qualified electrical contractor.
What to do With a Possible Damaged Electrical Cable for Kitchen Stove
- This is going to require some voltage tests and probes from a qualified electrician who can identify the exact problem.
- It is very possible that when the cabinets and counter tops were being installed that a long screw may have penetrated an electrical circuit cable that feeds the stove.
- If this is the case then the electrician will have to recommend the best way to make the repairs based on the access to the possible damaged area of the cable.
The Following will assist you with your Kitchen Stove Wiring
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- Wiring Options for a Kitchen Oven
|« Installing Bathroom Recessed Lighting||How To Extract A Broken Light Bulb From A Socket »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.