Installing Two 3 Way Dimmer Switches
Is it possible to have two three way dimmer switches? How to Make Two 3-Way Dimmer Switches Work Together.
3 Way Dimmer Switches and Compatibility
Electrical Question: Is it possible to have two three way dimmer switches?
I want to know if its possible to put two dimmer switches on one light.
- I really would like to see a diagram of it where the dimmer will be on the end of the circuit.
Thanks a Bunch
This electrical question came from: Cory, a Handyman in Indiana.
Additional Comments: I love this site its helped me so much keep up the great work I really thank you so much.
Thanks for your electrical question Cory.
How to Make Two 3-Way Dimmer Switches Work Together
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best performed by a Licensed Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the dimmer switch wiring.
- Two dimmers may be installed to control one or more lights as long as the dimmer switches are compatible with each other, such as one being the Master, and the other being the Slave.
- The key here is that you cannot install standard 3 way dimmer switches.
- Three way switch wiring diagrams can be found using the resources that follow.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
- 3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
For more information about 3 Way Switch Diagram
3 Way Switch Diagram
- 3 Way Switch Diagram
- In response to the requests for this information, I have developed a comprehensive,step-by-step guide designed to walk you through the identification and wiring of your 3-way switches.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Three Way Dimmer Switches and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Power Circuit For An RV||Installing Outdoor Recessed Lighting|