Installing Two 3 Way Dimmer Switches
Is it possible to have two three way dimmer switches? How to Make Two 3-Way Dimmer Switches Work Together.
3 Way Dimmer Switches and Compatibility
[ad#block] Electrical Question: Is it possible to have two three way dimmer switches?
I want to know if its possible to put two dimmer switches on one light.
- I really would like to see a diagram of it where the dimmer will be on the end of the circuit.
Thanks a Bunch
This electrical question came from: Cory, a Handyman in Indiana.
Additional Comments: I love this site its helped me so much keep up the great work I really thank you so much.
Thanks for your electrical question Cory.
How to Make Two 3-Way Dimmer Switches Work Together
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best performed by a Licensed Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the dimmer switch wiring.
- Two dimmers may be installed to control one or more lights as long as the dimmer switches are compatible with each other, such as one being the Master, and the other being the Slave.
- The key here is that you cannot install standard 3 way dimmer switches.
- Three way switch wiring diagrams can be found using the resources that follow.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
- 3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
For more information about 3 Way Switch Diagram
3 Way Switch Diagram
- 3 Way Switch Diagram
- In response to the requests for this information, I have developed a comprehensive,step-by-step guide designed to walk you through the identification and wiring of your 3-way switches.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Three Way Dimmer Switches and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Power Circuit For An RV||Installing Outdoor Recessed Lighting|