How To Wire Light Switches with Diagrams
Wiring Light Switches the Easy Way: Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common light switches
Light Switch Wiring Diagrams
Electrical Question: I have a two single pole switch.
- On one side are two black screws and on the other two brass colored ones.
- I know that the black wires go to the black screws, and the white to the other.
- My question is which one is the line in and which ones are for the out lines.
This electrical wiring question came from: Brian, a Homeowner from Warren Michigan
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Brian.
Wiring Light Switches the Easy Way
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light switch circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Brian, there is no such thing as a two single pole switch.
- You may be referring to is a four way switch.
- The actual placement of the wiring depends on the exact wiring that you have.
- Follow the links to the wiring diagrams which will give you full information.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
Fully explained 4 way switch diagrams. 4-way switches are a convenient way to operate lighting fixtures from three or more locations. The electrical wiring adds additional wiring to the same principles of 3-way switching.
For more information about Light Switch Wiring
Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common light switches starting with photo diagram 1.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about 4-Way Switch, Electrical Wiring, Lighting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Kitchen Electrical Circuit Wiring||Half Hot Switched Outlets Explained|