How to Correct Low Voltage Conditions
How Single Phase Voltage Regulators Work to Correct Abnormal Voltage Conditions: Single Phase Servo Voltage Regulators determine automatically the change in voltage as the constant voltage. This is accomplished by using electro-mechanic, passive or active components. The Servo Voltage Regulator makes the comparison between the real output voltage and the inner reference voltages.
Voltage Regulators can Help with Low Voltage Conditions
[ad#block]Electrical Question:Will a voltage regulator solve a problem with the low voltage?
- I’m Canadian and we spend the winters in Mexico and we just purchased a hot tub, 115 V 20 amp GFCI Jetsetter Model JJ.
- We have a low voltage problem here due to our being at the end of the electrical line from the electrical company, they have boosted the closest transformer to it’s max but we still suffer with low voltage especially at night when the demand for electricity is high.
- When the electrical engineer was here to diagnose the problem he measured voltage drops down to 95 Volts when both the pump and the heater were starting at the same time.
- This low voltage has burnt out the circuit board in the hot tub twice now. The hot tub company is replacing the circuit board again but they have also suggested that we purchase a 5kva single phase voltage regulator to install in the circuit for the hot tub.
My question is, will this voltage regulator solve our problem with the low voltage?
Any info you can provide on this subject would sure be helpful. Thanks in advance.
This electrical question came from: Michael, a Homeowner from Baja Mexico.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Michael.
Single Phase Voltage Regulators
How Single Phase Voltage Regulators Work to Correct Abnormal Voltage Conditions
- Michael, Single Phase Servo Voltage Regulators determine automatically the change in voltage as the constant voltage.
This is accomplished by using electro-mechanic, passive or active components. The Servo Voltage Regulator makes the comparison between the real output voltage and the inner reference voltages.
- The regulating elements make use of several elevators for the control thereby creating a Negative feedback servo control loop. If the output voltage is too low the control element activates the high voltage production, and if the input voltage is high, it maintains the output voltage as constant. This type of Electromagnetic regulators are being used for a variety of AC power distribution.
- So Michael, the recommendation to purchase and install a single phase voltage regulator is good advice, just make sure to purchase a good brand that is sized correctly and has a very good warranty.
More about Residential Electrical Wiring
Electrical Circuit Wiring
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Hot Tub Circuit Wiring
Electrical Codes and details for Spa and Hot Tub electrical wiring. Essentials for your hot tub installation, including the required GFCI ground fault protection and circuit wire size.
GFCI and GFI Wiring Diagrams
The features and benefits of GFCI outlets and receptacles will give you a clear understanding of the importance why these safety devices are required by code to help protect you and your family against accidental electrical shock hazards.
For more information about Other Electrical Issue
Other Electrical Issue
Ask-The-Electrician – Home Electrical Wiring
Ask-The-Electrician – Learn about all phases of Home Electrical Wiring from a Lisensed Electrical Contractor who explains on-the-job photo tutorials and wiring diagrams.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Hot Tub and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Prevent Generator Overload and a Tripped Circuit||How to Remove a Light Fixture and add a Ceiling Fan|