How to Correct Low Voltage Conditions
How Single Phase Voltage Regulators Work to Correct Abnormal Voltage Conditions: Single Phase Servo Voltage Regulators determine automatically the change in voltage as the constant voltage. This is accomplished by using electro-mechanic, passive or active components. The Servo Voltage Regulator makes the comparison between the real output voltage and the inner reference voltages.
Voltage Regulators can Help with Low Voltage Conditions
Electrical Question:Will a voltage regulator solve a problem with the low voltage?
- I’m Canadian and we spend the winters in Mexico and we just purchased a hot tub, 115 V 20 amp GFCI Jetsetter Model JJ.
- We have a low voltage problem here due to our being at the end of the electrical line from the electrical company, they have boosted the closest transformer to it’s max but we still suffer with low voltage especially at night when the demand for electricity is high.
- When the electrical engineer was here to diagnose the problem he measured voltage drops down to 95 Volts when both the pump and the heater were starting at the same time.
- This low voltage has burnt out the circuit board in the hot tub twice now. The hot tub company is replacing the circuit board again but they have also suggested that we purchase a 5kva single phase voltage regulator to install in the circuit for the hot tub.
My question is, will this voltage regulator solve our problem with the low voltage?
Any info you can provide on this subject would sure be helpful. Thanks in advance.
This electrical question came from: Michael, a Homeowner from Baja Mexico.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Michael.
Single Phase Voltage Regulators
How Single Phase Voltage Regulators Work to Correct Abnormal Voltage Conditions
- Michael, Single Phase Servo Voltage Regulators determine automatically the change in voltage as the constant voltage.
This is accomplished by using electro-mechanic, passive or active components. The Servo Voltage Regulator makes the comparison between the real output voltage and the inner reference voltages.
- The regulating elements make use of several elevators for the control thereby creating a Negative feedback servo control loop. If the output voltage is too low the control element activates the high voltage production, and if the input voltage is high, it maintains the output voltage as constant. This type of Electromagnetic regulators are being used for a variety of AC power distribution.
- So Michael, the recommendation to purchase and install a single phase voltage regulator is good advice, just make sure to purchase a good brand that is sized correctly and has a very good warranty.
More about Residential Electrical Wiring
Electrical Circuit Wiring
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Hot Tub Circuit Wiring
Electrical Codes and details for Spa and Hot Tub electrical wiring. Essentials for your hot tub installation, including the required GFCI ground fault protection and circuit wire size.
GFCI and GFI Wiring Diagrams
The features and benefits of GFCI outlets and receptacles will give you a clear understanding of the importance why these safety devices are required by code to help protect you and your family against accidental electrical shock hazards.
For more information about Other Electrical Issue
Other Electrical Issue
Ask-The-Electrician – Home Electrical Wiring
Ask-The-Electrician – Learn about all phases of Home Electrical Wiring from a Lisensed Electrical Contractor who explains on-the-job photo tutorials and wiring diagrams.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Hot Tub and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Prevent Generator Overload and a Tripped Circuit||How to Remove a Light Fixture and add a Ceiling Fan|