Connection for the Blue Ceiling Fan Wire
Where to Connect the Blue Wire of a Ceiling Fan – The blue wire is for the ceiling fan light fixture, Here is the Wiring connections for this scenario
Wiring Connections for the Ceiling Fan Blue Wire
[ad#block]Electrical Question: My ceiling fan has a black, blue, green, and white wires but only a white and a black wire coming from the ceiling.
- What wires get connected to what wires?
This electrical wiring question came from: Greg , a Homeowner from Sarasota, Florida.
See more about Home Wiring for Florida
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Greg.
Where to Connect the Blue Wire of a Ceiling Fan
- The blue wire is for the ceiling fan light fixture.
- Wiring connections for this scenario
- Ceiling Electrical Box Wires – Ceiling Fan Wire
- Black to Black (ceiling fan motor)
- Black also to Blue (ceiling fan light)
- White to White (shared neutral)
- Ground to Green (ground wire)
- With these wiring connections, the ceiling light can be operated from the ceiling fan pull chain or the wall switch.
- MORE ABOUT THE BLUE CEILING FAN WIRE
- If your ceiling fan does not have a light fixture, then you can either cap off the blue wire up at the ceiling fixture electrical box or connect is as described above.
- Most ceiling fans come pre-wired for a light fixture, whether it has a fixture or not.
- If the ceiling fan does not have a light fixture then you have the option to add one.
The Following will assist you with wiring Ceiling Fans
- How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #2
- Ceiling Fan Installation #1
- Ceiling Fan Installation #2
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Wiring ceiling fans
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
- Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Blue Wire, Ceiling Fans, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Ground Outlets and Receptacles||Circuit Power for Gas Stove Oven with Electronic Ignition|