Bathroom Heater Electrical Wiring
How to Wire an In Wall Electric Heater – Typical Electrical Circuit Requirements for an In Wall Electric Heater, A dedicated circuit, typically 20 amps, 240 volts, verify the amperage with the size of the specific heater and the installation manual.
In-Wall Heater Electrical Wiring
Electrical Question: I would like to replace a in-wall heater that I installed in a small bathroom approximately 10 years ago.
The wall heater model is HF4003TA-RP, Finish Ivory, Standard Grille with a Built-In Thermostat and Wall Box, PCN 03210102, UPC 686334321013, Volts 240/208, Watts 1000/750.
- Is the thermostat switch single pole or double pole? Only the incoming black wire passes through the switch, so I am guessing single pole. I am very handy with wiring; I just don’t know the terminology.
- When I order a replacement, they offer either single pole or double pole. Which should I get? Is double pole better?
- My wife complains that the heater does not heat the room well enough. Markel offers units in 1000, 1500, and 2000 watts. My wiring is 2 pole 20 amp circuits, dedicated to this heater only.
Am I right that the wiring would support 2000 watts without a problem?
This electrical wiring question came from: Rex, a Handyman from Washington, Connecticut.
Additional Comments: Nice work!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Rex.
How to Wire an In Wall Electric Heater
Typical Electrical Circuit Requirements for an In Wall Electric Heater
- Dedicated circuit, typically 20 amps, 240 volts, verify the amperage with the size of the specific heater and the installation manual.
- The in-wall electric heaters typically have a built-in thermostat control and is pre-wired, only the main circuit connection is required.
- Circuit wiring is connected in a built in electrical junction box.
- When replacing an existing wall heater it is best to purchase a new wall heater with the same voltage and amperage rating as the original heater.
Home Electrical Wiring
Help with home electrical wiring projects.
More about Bathroom Wiring
In Wall Heater Electrical circuit
Electric Circuit Listing
The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
In Wall Heater electrical wire
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
This link is helpful as a Handyman
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Bathroom Electrical and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrician Working With Voltage Problems at Main Service||Light Switch Wire Connections|