» Home » Electrical Wiring Projects
» Residential Electrical Wiring: Dave's Guide to Home Wiring
Fluorescent Light Fixtures with Hot Socket Wires
Why do fluorescent light socket wires getting hot? Why Fluorescent Light Fixtures may have Hot Socket Wires.
Fluorescent Light Fixtures
[ad#block] Electrical Question: Why do fluorescent light socket wires getting hot?
- I have fluorescent light fixtures with two 32w T8 bulbs per fixture.
- I am running two fixtures with one electronic ballast.
- The ballast are correct for bulbs.
- Having trouble with the socket wires getting hot and burning up even without a bulb.
This electrical wiring question came from Wesley, in Somerset, Kentucky.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Wesley.
Fluorescent Light Fixture Socket Wires
Why Fluorescent Light Fixtures may have Hot Socket Wires
- Check the Electrical Wire Type
- When connecting two fluorescent light fixtures with one electronic ballast the wiring that is installed between the two light fixtures must be the same type wire as installed on the ballast, and the length of the wiring must not be more than 6 feet long.
- If an incorrect insulation type, and the gauge of the electrical wiring is incorrect then the wire may overheat.
More about Fluorescent Light Fixtures
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Fixture Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Causes of Dim or Flickering Lights||Electrical Repairs For Light Fixtures|