Wiring Master and Slave Switches
How to Wire Master and Slave Switches for Three and Four Switch Lighting Control: I need 4-way wiring diagram using master dimmer & companion dimmer & 1 4-Way rocker switch.
Master and Slave Switches are Great for Multiple Switch Locations
Electrical Question: I need 4-way wiring diagram using master dimmer & companion dimmer & 1 4-Way rocker switch. I will try to send picture.
This electrical question came from: Barry, a Homeowner from Lakeland, TN
Thanks for your electrical question Barry.
How to Wire Master and Slave Switches for Three and Four Switches
- The Master and Slave switch and dimmer switch combo’s are a great way to control lighting from several locations.
- The key is to have compatible switches of the same brand. Typically these switches may be purchase in pairs.
- The wiring is wiring is very straight forward and may be slightly different depending on the actual switches that you buy. 120 Volt, or line voltage switches are most common for typical 120 volt light fixtures.
- Low volt lighting may require specific switches when dimmer controls are to be used.
- Additional options include RF switches from manufacturers which are available at most hardware stores or your local electrical wholesale distributor such as Rexel.
More about Wiring Light Switches
I am wiring 3 12V 50W halogen pendant lights over my bar. They will all be controlled by a single switch Continue reading
wiring a dimmer switch
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« Wiring a GFCI Receptacle||Testing Circuits and Circuit Breakers »|