Wiring for a Hot Tub and GFI
Installing GFI Hot Tub Electrical Wiring and the GFI Circuit
Hot Tub GFI Wiring
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I have a Hot Tub requiring a 220 hook up.
- Should the wiring be copper and the GFI copper?
- An electrician says the GFI doesn’t matter as far as aluminum vs. copper.
This electrical question came from: Vale, a Homeowner from Cobb, California.
See more about Home Wiring for California
Thanks for your Home Electrical question Vale.
GFI Hot Tub Electrical Wiring and GFI Circuit
- Most hot tubs clearly specify that copper wiring must be used for the installation.
- The GFCI circuit breaker must be compatible with the copper wire as well, as they typically are.
- A dedicated 4-wire circuit is typically required containing:
- a separate neutral wire
- and a separate ground wire.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
- Hot Tub Wiring Diagram Information
- Electrical Codes and Details for Spa and Hot Tub Wiring.
- Essentials for your installation
- Required GFCI Ground Fault protection and circuit wire size.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Hot Tub Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Make Ceiling Fan Wire Connections||Replacing Home Electrical Wall Outlets|