Why The Oven Makes The House Power Go Back On
How to Identify the Cause of Lost Power to the House: Indications of a Potentially Serious Electrical Problem – Problems such as this may include damage to the internal electrical panel and possibly the electrical wiring and components.
Identifying the Cause of Partial Electrical Power
Home Electrical Question: Why does my friends electricity shuts off some times and none of the beakers have tripped off?
- In order to get it to come back on he turns the oven on, if he turns it back off the electricity will go off.
- I have looked at the electrical wiring and it is a dedicated circuit going to the oven so I am at a loss.
- Can you think of what might be the problem.
This Electrical Troubleshooting Question came from: Dominic, a Other from Phoenix Arizona.
Thanks for your Electrical Repair Question Dominic.
How to Identify the Cause of Lost Power to the House
Skill Level: Advanced. A Licensed Electrical Contractor should be consulted right away.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Ammeter and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on age of the home, the condition of the electrical system and available access to electrical components.
Precaution: Electrical troubleshooting of this level is best performed by a licensed electrical contractor who will identify the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Indications of a Potentially Serious Electrical Problem
- This is typically an indication that the electrical service has lost one leg of the power.
- The 240 volt electric oven simply back feeds the lost power leg with limited power through the oven heating element.
- The location of the problem will need to be identified by a qualified electrical contractor.
- Voltage tests, inspections, and the required repairs will then need to performed.
- Problems such as this may include damage to the internal electrical panel and possibly the electrical wiring and components.
Related Electrical Repair Question:
- The electrical power went out to half of the house.
- The house is wired with fuses and circuit breakers. We changed out all the all fuses.
- Now when you turn the stove ON the power is restored to the section of the house that was without power.
This home electrical repairs question came from: Michele, from Claymont, Delaware.
How to Identify the Cause of Lost Power
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
More about Electrical Wiring
Wiring Options for a Kitchen Oven
- Fully Described Kitchen Electric Oven Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric circuit.
- You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric oven.
- Lets look at how the electric oven is wired and the possible solutions if your circuit does not seem to the same.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical Troubleshooting, Home Wiring Electrical, lost power and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How to Prepare an Electrical Panel for a Generator||Why Is My Voltage Not Right After My Circuit Breaker Tripped Off?|