» Home » Electrical Wiring Projects
» Residential Electrical Wiring: Dave's Guide to Home Wiring
Why Home Electrical Inspections Are Important
Are there any programs to help with home improvement projects? Home Electrical Inspections May Reveal Serious Problems You Need to Know About, What to do if you have Discovered Serious Problems with Your Home.
Home Electrical Inspections
[ad#block] Electrical Question: Are there any programs to help with home improvement projects?
- Do you know of any programs, or maybe schools that look for home improvement projects?
- My daughter bought a home 3 months ago, and 1/2 of the house now needs to be rewired, the heating system wont work and they got an estimate that was 4-5k.
- My daughter put everything they had into the down payment and now they don’t have the money to rewire the home. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
- The circuits keep blowing when they use more than one thing at a time in the house and they don’t have any heat.
Thanks for your time.
This Home Electrical Question came from: Kim , a Homeowner from Vallejo, California.
Thanks for your home electrical question Kim.
Home Electrical Inspections May Reveal Serious Problems You Need to Know About
Kim, I do not know of any specific programs, however I would suggest you contact your local county government office to see if they have any assistance. Other help may be available through a local church, non-profit organization, or you could contact the local Habitat for Humanity and see if they would have any suggestions. Many local Habitat for Humanity branches have Restore warehouses where you could purchase donated materials including home electrical materials that for a variety of projects, they may even have a furnace that would work for your daughters home.
What to do if you have Discovered Serious Problems with Your Home
- I would like to address the subject of home buying and how important it is to have the home electrical wiring and the whole home inspected by a licensed home inspector so that you will have a full detailed report about the condition of the home.
- If there are problem areas that are discovered then you could get an estimate from a local contractor for what it will cost to repair the problem.
- Many times this unexpected expense can be negotiated with the home seller or the cost could be added into the load amount and financed this way.
- The key is to understand what the condition of the electrical wiring and the whole home is before you purchase it and take ownership and then have to deal with any unexpected problems.
More about Home Electrical Wiring
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Home wiring projects
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Rewiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Control Two Outdoor Light Fixtures with a Motion Detector||How Do I Troubleshoot My Clothes Dryer Circuit?|