Why Home Electrical Inspections Are Important
Are there any programs to help with home improvement projects? Home Electrical Inspections May Reveal Serious Problems You Need to Know About, What to do if you have Discovered Serious Problems with Your Home.
Home Electrical Inspections
Electrical Question: Are there any programs to help with home improvement projects?
- Do you know of any programs, or maybe schools that look for home improvement projects?
- My daughter bought a home 3 months ago, and 1/2 of the house now needs to be rewired, the heating system wont work and they got an estimate that was 4-5k.
- My daughter put everything they had into the down payment and now they don’t have the money to rewire the home. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
- The circuits keep blowing when they use more than one thing at a time in the house and they don’t have any heat.
Thanks for your time.
This Home Electrical Question came from: Kim , a Homeowner from Vallejo, California.
Thanks for your home electrical question Kim.
Home Electrical Inspections May Reveal Serious Problems You Need to Know About
Kim, I do not know of any specific programs, however I would suggest you contact your local county government office to see if they have any assistance. Other help may be available through a local church, non-profit organization, or you could contact the local Habitat for Humanity and see if they would have any suggestions. Many local Habitat for Humanity branches have Restore warehouses where you could purchase donated materials including home electrical materials that for a variety of projects, they may even have a furnace that would work for your daughters home.
What to do if you have Discovered Serious Problems with Your Home
- I would like to address the subject of home buying and how important it is to have the home electrical wiring and the whole home inspected by a licensed home inspector so that you will have a full detailed report about the condition of the home.
- If there are problem areas that are discovered then you could get an estimate from a local contractor for what it will cost to repair the problem.
- Many times this unexpected expense can be negotiated with the home seller or the cost could be added into the load amount and financed this way.
- The key is to understand what the condition of the electrical wiring and the whole home is before you purchase it and take ownership and then have to deal with any unexpected problems.
More about Home Electrical Wiring
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Home wiring projects
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Rewiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Control Two Outdoor Light Fixtures with a Motion Detector||How Do I Troubleshoot My Clothes Dryer Circuit?|