» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Why Did My Telephone Lose Dial Tone?
I had no dial tone. When I checked the phone jack it was filled with a rubbery substance where phone clicks in and behind it inside the box. Is this common….
One of the Causes of Lost Telephone Dial Tone
Background: Ginny, a Homeowner from Rockville Centre NY
[ad#block]Question: I had no dial tone. When I checked the phone jack it was filled with a rubbery substance where phone clicks in and behind it inside the “box”. Is this common? Should I be worried this might cause a fire? I have contacted the phone company and I was told not to worry, but I wanted another opinion.
Thanks for your electrical question Ginny. Part of the reason for this is due to environmental conditions in the room, inside the wall and electrolysis.
I have provided the following links that lead to fully detailed information on this website that will assist you with your electrical question:
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about low voltage and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Tools for House Wiring||Electric Water Heater Wiring|