Home Electrical Wiring Safety
Faulty or improper wiring causes tens of thousands of fires each year. This video to help you protect your home, your family, and your life.
© By: Dave Rongey
How to Identify Electrical Wiring Hazards and Correct Them
The NFPA Code 73 provides criteria that enable the identification of the hazardous conditions that are evident during a visual inspection of the electrical systems in existing one-family, two-family, and multifamily dwellings, including mobile homes and manufactured homes.
Be sure to get your copy of my BIG New eBook:
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Wire It Right with the help of my Illustrated Wiring Book
Great for any Home Wiring Project.
See How to Wire it Right!
Related Electrical Wiring Projects
More about Video electrical safety
- Installing a 220 Volt Oven CircuitHow to Wire an Electrical Circuit for an Oven: A Step by Step Procedure for the Installation for Oven Electrical Wiring, Determining the Oven Circuit Size, Selecting the Electrical Cable, The Electrical Junction Box, Connecting the Flex Conduit From the Oven, Connecting the Circuit Wiring.
- Troubleshoot Electrical Outlet Wiring ProblemsHow can I find out why my outlets are not working? How to Identify Electrical Wiring Problems with Outlets and Wall Plugs, Checking Outlet Wiring, Troubleshooting an Outlet Circuit.
- 50 HZ and 60 HZ Frequency Power for Home Appliances50 HZ And 60 HZ Frequency Guidelines: I would not advise plugging a 50 HZ microwave into a 60 HZ outlet because of the electronic circuitry, however as long as the coffee pot has a heating element only and no electronic components, then it should be fine.
- Wire a Generator Transfer Switch VideoWhat is the Basic Wiring Configuration for a Generator Transfer Switch: Each Wiring Termination must be correct for the Power Conductors of the Line or Load.
- Will T5 Lamps Work With A T12 Electronic Fixture Ballast?Retrofitting T12 or T8 to T5. Current fixtures utilize electronic ballast. Will T5 operate on existing ballast or require new...
- How To Troubleshoot Wall Receptacle ProblemsHow to Test Electrical Wiring for Outlets: I have a 120volt receptacle that does not work even though the voltage tester shows there is voltage at the receptacle.
- Testing 220 VoltsTesting 220 Volt Electrical Circuit Wiring: On a 220 volt circuit I am getting 120 between green and black and green and the red wire, is this correct?
- Home Generator Automatic Transfer Switch DesignHow to Wire a Custom Generator Transfer Switch - This series covers a wide variety of topics all about home generators including sizing, selecting, connecting and safely operating this all important addition to your home.