» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm with Circuit Breaker
After a lightning storm problems with a Circuit Breaker.
[ad#block]Question: We called the electrician back to the house thinking it was the dryer receptacle.
- As it turned out it was a circuit breaker in the breaker box that was bad. The electrician replaced it and we had power. A little white later the circuit went out again and now there is an electrical smell in the house. The electricians are searching for the cause. I hope there is not a fire brewing.
- I’m glad to hear that the electrician identified a problem in the breaker box. Because some of the circuits in your home were only receiving partial power because of the problem in the breaker box, it is very possible that something was damaged while receiving partial power when your dryer was not working correctly.
- The device that has been damaged can be discovered through a process of elimination. If you have any fluorescent lighting fixtures or adapters, check to see if they are functioning properly.
- Next I would check all electronic devices and see if they are working properly.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Partial Power Questions and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Question – Dimmer Switches – Part 2||Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm Damages the Dryer|