Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm Damages the Dryer
After a lightning storm problem with clothes dryer.
Question: The power company came to the house and said that there was a problem in the house.
- The electrician found a reset button for the 110 plugs. He checked the dryer plug and said it was fine. He said it must be the dryer. The appliance man came to the house and said the dryer needed a motor.
- I gave my daughter a dryer that I know works. After changing the ponytail to fit in her outlet, the dryer did the same thing. She put the ponytail off her old dryer on the one I gave her. Can a ponytail go bad? She is very frustrated right now.
- It would be rare that the dryer cord (pony tail) would go bad. I would be certain that the cord has been installed correctly and that none of the wires have been reversed, as this could cause a potentially dangerous situation. Until this is checked, do not plug the dryer into the receptacle.
- Does the dryer cord have 3 wires or 4 wires? The wiring configurations for each is different.
- Because of the difficulty that you are having and the lack of experience with these electrical systems, I would encourage you to have a local qualified electrician help you with these situations to ensure that the necessary checks are performed and that the dryer is wired correctly.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Partial Power Questions and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm with Circuit Breaker||Electrical Problems after a Lightning Storm with Plugs and Dryer|