The Basics of a Home Solar Power Design
How to Design a Solar Power System: A solar power system is carefully designed for the electrical demand that will be placed on the system which involves identifying the total number of watts that will be connected to the solar panel system, and the duration or length of time that these devices or the load will be required to run.
Designing a Home Solar Power System
Solar Power Question: I want to design a home solar power system.
- Can you tell me how many individual solar cells are used in a home solar power system that will be used to power the following electrical items:
- Turn on a light or laptop.
- Some cooking uses in the kitchen.
- A standard air conditioner.
The solar cells only have an output of about .5 or 1.5 watts each.
Do you have a pretty good idea for me please.
This solar power question came from: Rick, from Brunswick, Georgia.
See more about Home Wiring for Georgia
Thanks for your solar power question Rick.
How to Design a Solar Power System
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Licensed Electrical Contractor, Not Recommended for Homeowners
Tools Required: Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools for Solar Array Installation and PV Wiring.
Estimated Time: Depends on the size of the Solar Array, type of Inverter System and available access to the project area.
Precaution: This is an extensive project that should be performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Notice: Installing a Home Solar Power PV System should be done with a permit and be inspected.
- A solar power system is carefully designed for the electrical demand that will be placed on the system.
- This involves identifying the total number of watts that will be connected to the solar panel system, and the duration or length of time that these devices or the load will be required to run.
- This all calculates to KWH or kilowatt hours which is actually shown on your monthly electrical utility bill.
- Once the electrical demand is identified then the design of the solar power system may begin which will then look at location, exposure and the type and size of solar panel array that will be required to meet your required electrical loads.
The Following will assist you with your Home Solar Power System
You have many options for using renewable energy at home—from solar-powered outdoor lights to buying renewable energy from your utility to even producing solar electricity at home with photovoltaic (PV) cells.
Kitchen Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Kitchen Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« Testing A Light Switch||Cable Strapping and Wiring Methods »|