Someone is Spying On Me, How Can I Detect these Spy Devices?
I know I have a motion detector and a hidden camera on my living room ceiling. How can I detect devices that have been planted in my home that are watching me and spying on me?
Detect a Spy Device and Spy Camera
Electrical Question: How can I detect spy camera devices that have been planted in my home that are watching me and spying on me?
- I know I have a motion detector on my bed frame and also found what is a motion detector and a hidden camera on my living room ceiling. I know that there is a motion detector on my bed because every time I start to get out of bed this guy that lives above me quickly jumps up out of his recliner and follows us everywhere we go in our apt.
- How can I find and disconnect the motion detector on my bed and what can I do about the detector on my ceiling. I have security photos of people coming in my apt with 2 big duffel bags and I can see all my furniture is moved in my living room but that’s all I can see.
This electrical wiring question came from Laurie in Wisconsin.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Laurie.
How to Detect a Spy Camera Device
Application: Detect a Spy Device and Spy Camera.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor, or Certified Electrician.
Electrical Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Voltage Tester, and appropriate Safety Gear.
Estimated Time: Depends on the personal level experience, ability to work with tools, install electrical circuit wiring, and the available access to the project area.
Electrical Safety: Identify the electrical power source to the Motion Detector Light, turn it OFF and Tag with a Note before working with the electrical wiring.
Detect Spy Devices in a Bedroom
This electrical wiring question is about spy devices that may have been planted in the Bedroom of a Apartment.
What to Do about Spy Equipment and Spy Cameras in Your Home
- Laurie, If someone has installed a spy camera or electronic spy device into your room or apartment you can use a Detection Device to track down their signals. All of these electronic devices transit information using wireless signals, therefore a detection device will help to detect them.
- I have provided information about scanning devices that I have located that may help you. Be sure to read the descriptions and reviews about these devices.
- VERY IMPORTANT: It is important that all of your electronic devices that you use are turned Off, and Unplugged before using this type of spy detection equipment, otherwise the signals from your devices could interfere with these detectors. This includes your computer, WiFi Devices, and any Smart Device. Basically any of your devices that may transmit wireless signals should be powered down and turned Off.
- Spy bugs and spy cameras can be planted into a home just about anywhere, including ceiling light fixtures, smoke detectors, even wall clocks and house plants.
- RECOMMENDED: You may want to have an electrician help you look for these devices and remove them. You should notify your local police department as well.
More about a Motion Detector Light
Installing Motion Detector and Security Light Fixtures
Installing motion detector lighting fixtures provide security and energy savings and they can easily replace an existing exterior wall fixture.
Bedroom Electrical Wiring Requirements
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bedroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electrical Wiring, Spy Camera Detector, Spy Device Detector, Surveillance Equipment and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|50 Amp GFCI Trips When the Outlet is Installed||Converting a Fluorescent Light to an Electronic Ballast|