Replacing Recessed Lights with Pendant Light Fixtures
How to Prepare and Install Pendant light Fixtures: The whole recessed light fixture can would need to be removed which would reveal the 120 volt wiring with the white, black and ground wire.
Installing Pendant light Fixtures
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I would like to change out the recessed lighting in my kitchen to a couple of pendant fixtures.
- When I removed the recessed fixture the color of the four wires were two red and two blue.
- Red and Red to one part of the fixture, and Blue and blue to the other.
- My question is, the pendant lighting has the typical white and black wiring (with the bare ground) What goes to what?
Thanks for your help.
This electrical wiring question came from: Anita, a Homeowner from Lincoln, California
Additional Comments: I like this site!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Anita.
How to Prepare and Install Pendant light Fixtures
- It sounds like you have only removed the lamp base of a fluorescent recessed light fixture and not the complete light fixture, so what you are seeing are the wires that are specific for the socket of the light bulb for the recessed can light which come from the ballast section of the recessed light fixture.
- The whole recessed light fixture can would need to be removed which would reveal the 120 volt wiring with the white, black and ground wire.
- Then a new fixture box would need to be installed for each new pendant light fixture.
More about Installing Pendant light Fixtures
How To Install Recessed Lighting
This article is about recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements. Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Learn more with my Home Electrical Video Course:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Lighting, Pendant and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Outlets Loose Power Due to Space Heater||Wiring Diagrams for 3-Way Switches|