LED Lights and Dimmer Switches
LED Lighting and Dimmer Switches – Most dimmer switches can be adjusted to enable the full range of lighting control.
Can LED Lights Work With a Dimmer Switch
Electrical Question: We have a new home with a Loft ceiling fan with no light attached. It is on a switch that turns the fan on. Next to that switch is another single switch which turns on 2 recessed led lights. When I flip the switch for the fan, the led lights flicker. Our electrician says this is normal and we should just live with it. We also have a problem with a dimmer switch (another led light) which when turned to the lowest setting, the light will burn for a while and then go off.
This home electrical question came from: Laura, a Homeowner from San Marcos, Texas.
See more about Home Wiring for Texas
Thanks for your home electrical question Laura.
LED Lighting and Dimmer Switches
- The LED lights and the dimmer switch must be compatible with each other for normal operation. Traditional dimmer switches work fine with incandescent light fixtures, however various new lights have electronic circuit components that will require dimmer switches specifically for these new lights.
- Most dimmer switches can be adjusted to enable the full range of lighting control.
- As for the comment from the electrician where you will just have to live with it, well I would rather think that he would have looked into the problem and find the solution for you.
More about Installing Lighting and Dimmer Switches
How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Wiring Diagrams
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
How To Install Recessed Lighting
- Installing recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements. Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about LED Lights and Dimmers and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How To Wire a Outlet with a Switch||Problems with Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches|