Installing a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan
How can a bathroom exhaust fan be installed and sealed? Installing a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan, Tips for Installing a Bathroom Heated Exhaust Fan Unit.
Tips for Installing a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan
Electrical Question: How can a bathroom exhaust fan be installed and sealed?
- We just had a replacement bathroom bulb heater/exhaust fan installed and the opening is about 3/8″ bigger than the replacement fan.
- How do I find a trim piece that will install around the new fan to cover the original fan opening?
- It is a GE Bulb Heater Exhaust fan BH702B.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Kris.
How to Install a Bathroom Heater Exhaust Fan
Tips for Installing a Bathroom Heated Exhaust Fan Unit
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best installed by a licensed electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the light fixture(s).
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Kris, you might be able to purchase a tube of silicone caulking and fill the gap if it is not too wide.
- Another thought is to use a type of weather stripping material. Both items can be found at your local hardware store.
The Following will assist you with your Bathroom Heated Exhaust Fan Unit
- Installing Your Bath Exhaust Fan
- Answers to all of your questions about installing a bath exhaust fan and your bathroom exhaust fan replacement project.
- How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« Is It Safe To Install Aluminum Wire?||Circuit Requirements for a Dryer »|