Electric Wiring for a Bathroom Light Fixture
Are the wires connected to my bathroom light fixture illegal? How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring.
Bathroom Light Fixture
Electrical Question: Are the wires connected to my bathroom light fixture illegal?
I just removed my existing light fixture from above my bathroom mirror. I have discovered that the electrical box, where the wires come from, attached to the stud, however the wires that are connected to the light fixture have been channeled or embedded from this box into the drywall that runs horizontal from the box to the center above the light fixture. Is this legal?
This electrical wiring question came from: Bonnie, a Homeowner from Houston, Texas.
See more about Home Wiring for Texas
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Bonnie.
Wiring for a Bathroom Light Fixture
The electrical wiring for a bathroom light fixture must be protected and and the wires must be enclosed inside an approved electrical box.
How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Bonnie, no this is not legal because the electrical wiring is not protected, enclosed or installed using approved electrical wiring methods.
The Following will assist you with Electrical Wiring
Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Home Electrical Junction Boxes
Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for.
- Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed.
- The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
- Lighting For The Home
- Lighting Electrical Codes
- How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
- For more information about Electrical Code
- Electrical Wiring Codes
Home Electrical Codes
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-codes and smoke-detectors.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wiring!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester, [amazon.com], I use for the detection of Standard Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
|« Testing and Repairing Outlet Wiring||The Right Wire and Breaker for an Electric Water Heater »|