How to Wire Switches using the Godown Method
Controlling Light Fixtures using the Godown Wiring Method: Warehouse Lighting Controlled by the Godown.
Controlling Light Fixtures using the Godown Method>
Electrical Question: I need help with the godown wiring process.
I want the electrical wiring diagrams for the following applications:
- Godown wiring.
- Hospital electrical wiring and emergency generators.
This electrical question came from: Nasar in the United Kingdom, UK.
Thanks for your electrical question Nasar.
Warehouse Lighting Controlled by the Godown
The method of Godown wiring which is used in warehouses and other large building spaces is rather unique and tricky, but easy to comprehend when you examine the wiring layout and godown wiring diagrams. Just follow the link found below.
Example of Two Main Electrical Systems:
- Normal Electrical Power which is directly connected to the primary electric utility source or provider.
- Emergency Generator Power which is a system that is primarily connected to normal power, but is backed up with a standby emergency power system which is activated automatically and available within seconds if the normal power source of power fails or is not available. Typically the emergency power system is a large standby generator which starts automatically and then provides power through one or more ATS or automatic transfer switches.
NOTE: A typical hospital consists of a very complex electrical system, which actually has more than one type of electrical power circuits that ensure that crucial patient services and life support systems are always available.
- Normal Power
Normal power circuits provide power to most of the functions of the hospital that are used routinely but not essential for critical equipment or life support.
- Emergency Power Systems
Emergency power circuits are essential to support systems necessary for crucial equipment directly related to patient care and life support.
- Having working as the head electrician of a hospital for over nine years it would be impossible to explain all of the components of the electrical wiring systems on this page, so to answer the question found above more specific clarification would be required.
More about Godown Wiring
- Home Generators
- This series covers a wide variety of topics all about home generators including sizing, selecting, connecting and safely operating this all important addition to your home.
- Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Articles about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects. An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
- Electrical Wiring
- Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
- Electrical Wiring Codes
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wiring!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester, [amazon.com], I use for the detection of Standard Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
|« Repairing a Kitchen Outlet||Troubleshooting a Door Bell Chime »|