» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Get a Quick Reply! Ask an Electrician
How To Wire Smoke Detectors
How to Install and Connect Smoke Detector Electrical Wires – A voltage tester is the best way to identify the electrical wiring as described in this question keeping the following in mind…
Electrical Wiring Connections for Two and Three Wire Cables
[ad#block] Electrical Question: How do I make up the smoke detector wiring?
- How do I make up the smoke detector wiring.
- The smoke detector will be mounted to a electrical junction box.
- In the electrical box there are two 3-wire cables, and one 2-wire cable.
This electrical wiring question came from: Neil, a Homeowner from Arvada, Colorado.
See more about Electrical Wiring for Colorado
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Neil.
How to Install and Connect Smoke Detector Electrical Wires
- A voltage tester is the best way to identify the electrical wiring as described in this question keeping the following in mind:
- The two wire cable should be the power source.
- The 3- wire cable should be looping all the smoke detectors together.
- The third wire of the 3-wire cable is used for the alarm signal.
The Following will assist you with your Smoke Detectors:
Home Smoke Detectors
- Take the mystery out of smoke detector wiring.
- Smoke alarms provide the earliest warning of both fire and smoke.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts
- used for home projects
- with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines
- Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for.
- Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance.
- One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed.
- The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Wiring Smoke Detectors and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electric Dryers or Ranges with a Quad Circuit Breaker||Why Fluorescent Bulbs Burn Out Quickly|