» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Get a Quick Reply! Ask an Electrician
How to Wire a Switched Light from Two Locations
Wiring Three Way Switches to Control a Light From Two Locations: I would like to know how to wire a switched light from two locations.
Wiring Three Way Switches
[ad#block]Electrical Wiring Question: I would like to know how to wire a switched light from two locations using metal boxes.
- I am in an electricity class at Oklahoma State University and need to know how to wire a switched light from two locations using metal boxes.
- I have to first complete the pictorial diagram before I can begin wiring so that is what I need help with.
This electrical wiring question came from: Amber, a Student from Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Thanks for your Electrical Wiring Question Amber.
Three Way Switch Wiring
Wiring Three Way Switches to Control a Light From Two Locations
- There are a few different wiring methods for wiring two three way switches, and it all depends on where the power enters the circuit.
- In this case, where metal boxes will be required, the power source will need to be identified in order to plan the number of wires that will be necessary to provide the desired switching.
- Please read on for further information and links that will provide wiring diagrams that will help you with your project.
More about 3-Way Switch Wiring
For more information about 3 Way Switch Diagram
3 Way Switch Diagram
3 Way Switch Diagram
- In response to the requests for this information, I have developed a comprehensive,step-by-step guide designed to walk you through the identification and wiring of your 3-way switches.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Wiring Diagrams
- Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams.
- Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Guide to Home Electrical Wire
Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about 3-Way Switch and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Conduit Types for Underground Projects||Hot Tub Circuit Wiring Requirements|