How To Wire A Pilot Light Switch
How to make the Wiring Connections For A Pilot Light Switch – Most pilot light switches require the power source to be at the switch box, such as your application.
Wiring Connections For A Pilot Light Switch
Electrical Question: If I want to control an outlet with a switch and pilot light do I need three wires.?
- I can get the outlet switched but I cannot get the light to work.
- The power comes into the switch.
This electrical wiring question came from: Dan, a Homeowner from DePere, WI
Thanks for your home electrical wiring question Dan.
How to make the Wiring Connections For A Pilot Light Switch
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
The Wiring Connections For A Pilot Light Switch So You Can See It in the Dark or When Its On
- Most pilot light switches require the power source to be at the switch box, such as your application.
- The lighted pilot light may need the neutral wire for the operation of the pilot light.
- See the electrical wiring instructions for the specific type of switch that you have purchased.
The Following resources will assist you with your electrical question:
electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
wiring a switch
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« How To Control Litter Box Odors Automatically||Help For Wiring Your Ceiling Fan »|