How Does an Infrared Camera Troubleshoot Electrical Problems
How is a Infrared Camera Used to Detect Electrical Problems? Thermal Expansion and Contraction that Can Cause Faulty Electrical Connections.
Infrared Cameras for Electrical Problems
[ad#block] Electrical Question: How is a Infrared Camera Used for Electrical Problems?
- What is all the excitement about Infrared Cameras, and what does this have to do with Electrical Wiring and Panels?
Infrared Cameras Now Benefit Virtually All of the Electrical Industry
Below are just a few reasons why Infrared Cameras are now a Big Benefit for Electricians and the Electrical Industry, and how they can be used from power generation all the way to your home to help keep your lights on.
How Infrared Cameras are Used to Help Detect Electrical Problems
- The Critical Path of Electricity
- Power conductors of all types and sizes are connected to a variety of components from one end of a high voltage power source and throughout the electrical grid where electricity is ultimately delivered from the utility company to the customer. However it does not end there, as electrical panels distribute the power out to individual circuits to energize equipment and devices where electricity is turned into anything from hospital medical treatments, air conditioning, or your favorite form of entertainment.
Thermal Expansion and Contraction Causes Faulty Electrical Connections
- Power Conductors and Faulty Connections
- Infrared Cameras can help identify hot spots at wire splices and terminals, as well as cable and lug connections starting at the electrical utility service entrance.
Problems Caused by an Unbalanced Electric Service
- An unbalanced condition where the main electric service conductors do not have an evenly balanced load can be caused by improper installation of electrical circuits or pending equipment failure due to the lack of preventive maintenance or deteriorating components within the system.
- An unbalanced electrical system can cause higher than normal energy costs as well as abnormal equipment performance. However, this can be avoided through early detection, equipment repairs and a continuous preventive maintenance program.
- Infrared Cameras can be used to help detect unbalanced loads by scanning the service entrance conductors and comparing temperature readings which can be directly associated with the performance of the electrical system.
More about Electrical Wiring
Understanding Electrical Testers
When working on home electrical wiring using voltage testers can play an important part in electrical safety. Electrical testers enable you to identify electrical circuits and help prevent the possibility of accidental electrical shock.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
Home Electrical Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Wiring Tools
A listing of the electrical tools I use on most all of my electrical jobs and projects.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Electric Wiring, Electrical Testing and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|How To Connect Ceiling Fan Wires||Installing Dimmers for 3 Way and 4 Way Switches|