» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Electrical Wiring for Post Lights
Electrical Wiring and Fixture Checks for Post Lights: I have a post light that isn’t working. There is power coming through the post wires.
Electrical Wiring and Fixture Checks for Post Lights
[ad#block] I have a post light that isn’t working.
- There is power coming through the post wires.
- The fixture lights up when connected to an inside outlet but doesn’t when connected to the post light wiring.
We are baffled. Any suggestions?
This electrical question came from: Rosemary, a Homeowner from Portsmouth, RI
Thanks for your electrical question Rosemary.
Fixture Checks for Post Lights
- Rosemary, Was the post light circuit tested for both the hot and neutral?
- Testing between these two wires will produce 120 volts.
- Also, does the light fixture have a photo cell installed that only allows the post light to come on if it is dark? Try a new light bulb.
The Following links will assist you with your Post Lights
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Lighting, Outdoor Lighting and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Symbols and Wiring Diagrams||Connections for Electric Batteries|