Dimmer Switches for Ceiling Fans
Dimmer Switch Options for Ceiling Fans and the Ceiling Fan Light – There are other specific single control switches, you may consider installing a remote module unit which will provide fan speed control and light dimming separately
Dimmer Switch Options for Ceiling Fans
[ad#block]Electrical Question: Is there any way to wire up a ceiling fan to one switch with a dimmer on it?
Additional Comments: Very detailed about wiring.
Background: Brent, a Homeowner from Albert Lea, MN
Thanks for your electrical question Brent.
Dimmer Switch Options for Ceiling Fans and the Ceiling Fan Light
- If this will be one standard dimmer switch controlling both the motor and the light fixture then no, you cannot do this because
- a standard dimmer switch will not be compatible with the fan motor.
- There are other specific single control switches that will work for your ceiling fan control application.
- You may also consider installing:
- a remote module unit which will provide fan speed control and light dimming separately
- See the links below for information about ceiling fan remote modules
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures
- Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide
- Light and fan switch variations
- Remote Control Installation
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Electrical Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Ceiling Fan Wiring
Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #2
Ceiling Fan Installation #1
Ceiling Fan Installation #2
wiring ceiling fans
How to Install Ceiling Fans
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Ceiling Fans, Dimmer Switch and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Telephone Wiring and Phone Jacks||Older Homes and Up To Standard Government Requirements|