Connecting the Blue Ceiling Fan Wire
How to Install Ceiling Fans and the Wiring Connections: I’m installing a ceiling fan, the wires in the ceiling are black,white, red, and bare.
Installing Ceiling Fan Wiring
Electrical Question: I’m installing a ceiling fan, the wires in the ceiling are black,white, red, and bare.
- The wiring supplied with the fan are a black wire , white wire , and a blue wire.
- What do I connect the blue wire to?
This electrical wiring question came from: Will, a Homeowner from Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Will.
How to Connect the Wires of a Ceiling Fan
Application: Wiring a Ceiling Fan
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Wiring Connections for a Ceiling Fan Wiring
- The Blue Wire is for the Ceiling Fan Light, and if you do not have a separate switch wire for the light, then the blue attaches with the black wire for the Ceiling Fan Motor.
- Some ceiling fans will have a black and white stripe colored wire that is to be used for the light fixture.
- Be sure to consult the installation manual that is included with your ceiling fan for wiring variations.
More about Wiring a Ceiling Fan
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Browse other questions about this topic:
Blue Wire Ceiling Fans Electrical Wiring ceiling fan, ceiling fan blue wire, installing ceiling fan, Nevada, wiring ceiling fan light, wiring ceiling fans
Or Ask Dave a Question
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.