Connecting the Blue Ceiling Fan Wire
How to Install Ceiling Fans and the Wiring Connections: I’m installing a ceiling fan, the wires in the ceiling are black,white, red, and bare.
Installing Ceiling Fan Wiring
Electrical Question: I’m installing a ceiling fan, the wires in the ceiling are black,white, red, and bare.
- The wiring supplied with the fan are a black wire , white wire , and a blue wire.
- What do I connect the blue wire to?
This electrical wiring question came from: Will, a Homeowner from Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Will.
How to Connect the Wires of a Ceiling Fan
Application: Wiring a Ceiling Fan
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Wiring Connections for a Ceiling Fan Wiring
- The Blue Wire is for the Ceiling Fan Light, and if you do not have a separate switch wire for the light, then the blue attaches with the black wire for the Ceiling Fan Motor.
- Some ceiling fans will have a black and white stripe colored wire that is to be used for the light fixture.
- Be sure to consult the installation manual that is included with your ceiling fan for wiring variations.
More about Wiring a Ceiling Fan
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Blue Wire, Ceiling Fans, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|240 Volt Circuits and Switches||Hot Tub Pump and Heater Control|