Ceiling Fan Fixture Flashing On and Off
Why Your Ceiling Fan Lights are Flashing On and Off: When I turn on my ceiling fan the light fixture keeps flashing on and off, as if I am turning a dimmer switch high then low.
Ceiling Fan Lights Flash On and Off
Electrical Question: Why do my ceiling fan lights flashing on and off?
- When I turn on my ceiling fan the light fixture keeps flashing on and off, as if I am turning a dimmer switch high then low.
- I changed the dimmer switch with a lighted single pole switch 15A 120V, but the problem remains the same.
This electrical question came from: Edward, a Homeowner from Fords, New Jersey.
See more about Home Wiring for New Jersey
Dave the Electrician’s Reply:
Thanks for your electrical question Edward.
Why Ceiling Fan Lights are Flashing On and Off
- This problem is most likely due to installing lights that are too high in wattage.
- The only way to fix the issue is to install the right size bulbs as specified by the ceiling fan manual.
- The national efficiency code standards now requires all ceiling fan manufactures to install limiters in new ceiling fans.
- It basically cuts of power when too much wattage is drawn through the fixture.
More about Ceiling Fan Lights
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
wiring a dimmer switch
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Ceiling Fans, Flashing Lights, Wiring Configurations and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Bathroom Electrical Circuit Troubleshooting||Old Ceiling Fan Light Fixture Wiring|