Adding a Gas Heater to a Hot Tub
How to Control Additional Equipment for Your Hot Tub – When you are integrating new components into an existing hot tub then the controls must integrate together as well so they work together and the controlling sequence of operations will give you the control you desire
Additional Equipment for Your Hot Tub
I bought a natural gas spa-pool heater 15000 BTU 120 volt.
- My spa thermostat goes from 80 to 104 degrees and the pump runs when it calls for heat on the tub. Do you have any ideas about how to hook up the gas heater?
- I would also like to get the temperature lower than 80 degrees when the hot tub is not in use.
This electrical question came from: Rod, a Handyman from Comstock park , Michigan.
See more about Home Wiring for Michigan
Thanks for your electrical question Rod.
How to Control Additional Equipment for Your Hot Tub
Wiring Additional Control Equipment for a Hot Tub
- Rod, when you are integrating new components into an existing hot tub then the controls must integrate together as well so they work together and the controlling sequence of operations will give you the control you desire, otherwise you could create a problem.
- What I recommend is to find a control unit that is compatible with all of these features and items that you are adding.
- There are systems like this available and the better ones will have built in features to give you the control you are asking about.
- You may even find that your existing hot tub control unit has built in auxiliary functions and control options for the additional gas heater as well.
The Following will assist you with your hot tub wiring:
For more information about Hot Tub Wiring
Hot Tub Wiring
- Hot Tub Wiring
- Electrical Codes and Details for Spa and Hot Tub Wiring. Essentials for your installation, including the required gfci ground fault protection and circuit wire size.
This link is helpful as a Handyman
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« Furnace Thermostat Wiring and Settings||Adding Electrical Wiring for a Closet Light »|