Wiring a Kitchen Hood Exhaust Fan
Installing Electrical Circuit Wiring For a Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Installing Wiring For a Kitchen Exhaust Fan
Electrical Question: I was going to replace the exhaust hood fan on the top of the cooking range.
- I found a 1ft wide hole in the wall, with an electrical wiring going directly into the hood.
- I was expecting at least a visible junction box, or a switch blue box in case we wanted to remove the hood and close the hole.
Is this legal to do that in the state of New Jersey?
This electrical question came from: Frank, a Homeowner from Barnegat, New Jersey.
Thanks for your electrical question Frank.
Electrical Wiring For a Kitchen Exhaust Fan
- An electrical wire may be installed directly into a hood fan as long as the hood fan has an electrical junction box.
- Leaving a large hole in the sheet-rock is not very good workmanship and it will allow air drafts into the home.
- If the hood fan were to be removed then an electrical junction box should be installed to terminate the electrical cable.
More about Wiring a Hood Exhaust Fan
Electrical Junction Boxes
Junction Boxes for Electrical Wiring
Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
Wiring an Electric Range
Wiring a Kitchen Range Power Cord
Fully Described Electric Range Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric range. Lets look at how the electric range is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
For more information about Electrical Code
Home Electrical Code
Electrical Code Directory for Home Electrical Wiring.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Hood Fan and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Providing Power for a Mobile Home||Electrical Wire Size for a 240 Volt Dryer|