» Need Electrical Help? Get a Quick Reply! Ask the Electrician
Where to Locate Equipment Disconnect Switches
Heat Pump Equipment Electrical Disconnect SwitchBy: Dave Rongey
Heat Pump Equipment Electrical Disconnect
[ad#block]Installing circuit wiring box for new heat pumps.
- Does there have to be a disconnect box near the heat pump to provide a means to shut the unit off during maintenance?
This electrical question came from: Tiffani, a Homeowner from Salem OR
Thanks for your electrical question Tiffani.
Disconnect Switch at Equipment Location
- A disconnect switch is required to be installed at the location of equipment such as a heat pump so that the equipment may be safely turned off when being serviced.
- Depending on the size of the equipment, a receptacle outlet may be used as the means of disconnect when the equipment is installed inside of a building.
- The specifics will depend on the equipment, the size and the location.
The Following links will assist you with Electrical Disconnect Switches:
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Heat pump circuit
- Heat Pump Wiring
- Heat pumps are used for heating and cooling.
- Wall mounted units are great for offices, sun rooms, room additions, garages and are used in hotel and motel rooms.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Learn more about Home Electrical Wiring
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Equipment Disconnect and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Advertising Home Electrical on Ask-The-Electrician.com||Electrical Wiring for Electricians, Homeowners and Students|