Where to Locate Equipment Disconnect Switches
Heat Pump Equipment Electrical Disconnect Switch
Heat Pump Equipment Electrical Disconnect
Installing circuit wiring box for new heat pumps.
- Does there have to be a disconnect box near the heat pump to provide a means to shut the unit off during maintenance?
This electrical question came from: Tiffani, a Homeowner from Salem OR
Thanks for your electrical question Tiffani.
Disconnect Switch at Equipment Location
- A disconnect switch is required to be installed at the location of equipment such as a heat pump so that the equipment may be safely turned off when being serviced.
- Depending on the size of the equipment, a receptacle outlet may be used as the means of disconnect when the equipment is installed inside of a building.
- The specifics will depend on the equipment, the size and the location.
The Following links will assist you with Electrical Disconnect Switches:
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Heat pump circuit
- Heat Pump Wiring
- Heat pumps are used for heating and cooling.
- Wall mounted units are great for offices, sun rooms, room additions, garages and are used in hotel and motel rooms.
|« Advertising Home Electrical on Ask-The-Electrician.com||Electrical Wiring for Electricians, Homeowners and Students »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.