» Home » Electrical Wiring Projects
» Residential Electrical Wiring: Dave's Guide to Home Wiring
Splice Box for Electrical and Telephone
How to Splice and Relocate Telephone Cables and Electrical Wiring – Partitioned junction boxes are ideal when you don’t want to have two separate boxes close together as with your application, not only for the splice, but they can also be used for mounting your outlet and telephone jack
How To Splice a Telephone and Electrical Cable in the Same Box
[ad#block] I am trying to move my Phone Jack and Electrical Outlet down the wall in the Kitchen of my House.
- Since the wires are not long enough I will be adding a junction box to splice the wire and add about 3 feet to them.
- Can a junction box share both the phone splice and the electric splice or will I have to have 2 boxes next to each other, one for each the phone line and electric wire?
This electrical wiring question came from: Todd, a Handyman from Fairfax Station VA.
Additional Comments: Thanks for the help
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Todd.
How to Splice and Relocate Telephone Cables and Electrical Wiring
- The telephone cable and the electrical cable can share the same box only if you get a 2-gang box that has the provision for a partition.
- These partitioned electrical junction boxes may be available from the large hardware outlets, but if not you can call a local wholesale electrical supply and pick one up.
- These partitioned junction boxes are ideal when you don’t want to have two separate boxes close together as with your application, not only for the splice, but they can also be used for mounting your outlet and telephone jack, you just need to get the right combination cover and inserts.
The Following will assist you with Splicing Cable
Electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
Electrical Junction Box Splice
Electrical junction box splices can be made safely when you understand the method. This example will show you how its done step by step and shows how to make a junction box splice and the related electrical codes.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Junction Boxes
Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
You identified your project to be about Telephone Wiring, so you might find this information useful:
This telephone wiring diagram with photos and instructions will show you the direct steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Junction Box and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Fixing Lost Electrical Power in a Garage||3 Prong to 4 Prong Electric Dryer Plug|