Solving Ceiling Fan Wiring Problems
How to Replace a Ceiling Fan and Reconnect the Electrical Wires© By: Dave Rongey
How to Replace a Ceiling Fan and Reconnect the Electrical Wires
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I was changing a ceiling fan.
- Took it off and was detaching the wiring, saw a spark then some of the lights in the house went out.
- Checked all the breakers all OK reset all of them didn’t help.
What else could it be?
This electrical question came from: Jae, a Homeowner from Abbotsford, Canada.
See more about Home Wiring for Canada
Additional Comments: Helpful thank you
Thanks for your electrical question Jae.
Replacing a Ceiling Fan and Connecting Electrical Wires
Discovering Ceiling Fan Wiring Problems
Ceiling Fan Wiring Problems
- From the information that you have provided I would check the all of the wiring connections in the ceiling fan junction box.
- It is very possible that a wire connector may have loosened which can prevent the connection for the circuit wiring to be completed thereby causing an interruption to the rest of the circuit.
- Turn off the power to this circuit before checking the wiring connections.
More about Wiring Ceiling Fans
How to Install Ceiling Fans
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Home Electrical Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
More articles about Wiring Configurations and Home Electrical Wiring:
|« Previous||Next »|