SCADA Systems and Home Automation
The Future of Home Automation Systems and Home Controls – SCADA systems are extremely useful for numerous applications which are integrated into Home Automation and Home Control Systems. We now rely heavily on SCADA systems, they are here to stay, and they will just keep getting better with technology.
SCADA Systems and the Future of Home Electrical and Automation
What are the MERIT & DEMARITS OF SCADA SYSTEM.
This electrical question came from: S.M, a Homeowner from Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thanks for your electrical question S.M.
A Brief History of SCADA Systems
- SCADA, Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition system have been around for a long time, and are heavily relied on for manufacturing, especially in industrial applications.
- Automation and control systems are increasingly being installed into our homes which provide efficiency and energy savings.
- A SCADA system may be included in a stand alone device, or it may be a large system of devices that are networked together and controlled by one or more computer systems.
The Future of Home Automation Systems and Home Controls
- SCADA systems are extremely useful for numerous applications which are integrated into Home Automation and Home Control Systems.
- The demerits would be that they are only as good as their technological components, the code that is written for their control and how the database is generated and what the data is used for.
- Personally, I love technology, and I love programming. As the Word press programmers put it “Code is Poetry”, and I agree. The beauty of programming code and the machine that processes the instructions is that the performance can never be matched by a human.
- A computer does not have a mood, it will never get tired, it can function in the dark, and it does not need to be encouraged to do a good job. However the value of the result is based on the superiority of the code and the data it processes. As it is said, GIGO – Garbage In, Garbage Out.
- We now rely heavily on SCADA systems, they are here to stay, and they will just keep getting better with technology.
The Following will assist you with Home Automation Systems
- Home Automation
- Home automation is about delivering practical control of your lighting, home and personal lifestyle which provides comfort and control and energy savings.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wiring!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester, [amazon.com], I use for the detection of Standard Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
|« How To Wire An Outlet From A Switch||The 4th Ceiling Fan Wire »|