Remodel Upgrade Electrical Wiring
Upgrading an Electrical System and Circuit Wiring for Older Homes to Prevent Electrical Problems: Inspect the Home Electrical Wiring, Lighting Circuits and Wiring, Home Remodeling and Upgrading.
Upgrading Electrical Wiring While Remodeling Your Home
Electrical Question: I bought a home that was built in 1947 that has a few electrical issues and other problems.
- Lighting Problem
I have the kitchen overhead light and the light in the dining room that went out I figured it was a bulb issue but it turns out it is not.
- Circuit Breakers and Voltage
I checked the breakers and it seems that I’m getting a 145 volts on all the breakers I’m probably reading the multimeter wrong knowing me.
- How to Fix the Problems
What is the next step in figuring out how to fix this problem, do I need to go into the attic and trace the wires and see if there was a break someplace?
- Previous Remodel Project
The house was supposed to have been remodeled but the sewage pipe looks like to me that it keeps freezing and then everything backs up into the house the toilette and the shower what can i do to stop this ?
This electrical wiring question came from: Everett, a Homeowner from Westminster, Colorado.
Thanks for your home electrical wiring question Everett.
Application: Electrical Upgrade Wiring
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Tools Required: Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools for Rough-In Wiring, Electric Drill and Auger Bits and Extension Cord.
Estimated Time: Depends on the extent of the project, the type of construction and available access to the project area.
Precaution: Any existing wiring in the immediate area that may interfere with the installation should be identified and turned OFF and Tagged.
Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
Upgrading Electrical Wiring for Older Homes to Prevent Electrical Problems
- Upgrading Home Systems
Everett, Sorry but I can’t give you advise about the sewer question except to consider calling a reliable contractor who can advise you about the condition of the home system. Upgrading home systems will help bring the home up to current codes and make these systems more dependable and reliable.
- Lighting Circuits and Wiring
Problems with circuit voltage and lighting should be checked and evaluated starting with the electrical components of the circuit to help identify faulty devices and other potential electrical problems which should all be considered when planning a home remodel or electrical upgrade project.
- Inspect the Home Electrical Wiring
The age of the home would be a good reason to have a qualified electrical contractor come out and inspect the complete electrical system whether or not the home allegedly may have been remodeled, and then ask the contractor make recommendations about what should be done.
- Home Remodeling and Upgrading
When you decide to remodel areas of a home it is a good idea to consider other systems and service utilities that are located in the same area and found in the walls, flooring and ceiling, such as heating and air conditioning, plumbing for water and drains as well as electrical circuits and wiring.
More about the Home Electrical System
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring
- Lighting For The Home
- Lighting Electrical Codes
- Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
- Types of Electrical Testers
- Using Electrical Testers
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Kitchen Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|« How to Identify Flat Cord Wires||How To Fix Your 3-Way Switches »|